cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer to an extension and back again

pennautomotive
Level 1
Level 1

I am relatively new to the whole UC500 system, but I have to say I'm making out fairly well. I have one little issue, and I am not sure the best way to go about addressing it.

So here is goes.

We have a manager that often gets calls transferred to him throughout the day to his desk phone. Often the manager is not at his desk, but he carries a 7925 around with him. Right now he can answer the hunt groups that both his desk and mobile are in, but if calls are transferred directly to his desk phone his mobile obviously never rings. I was going to set call-forward noan to his mobile but that will only create another issue. If I do that then someone will leave a message on that phones extension instead of his desk phone where he wants it.

So I want to know if there is a way to have a phone ring and if it's not answered the call goes to a mobile phone, and if that's not answered it should go back to the original transferred to extensions mailbox. Is this possible? Any help is appreciated!

2 Replies 2

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

SNR (single number reach) works this way.   7921 or 7925 can be the SNR destination for his desk phone.

mobility between the two totally.

but the desk cant be a member of a regular hunt group (SNR not designed to work with regular hunt groups), but will work with BLAST Parallel Hunting.

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Another way around this without using SNR, would be to have CFWD NOAN on his desk phone set to the extension of his mobile phone.  If no one picks up the mobile, set the CFWD NOAN on the mobile to 6XXX.  With XXX being the extension of his desk phone.  The leading 6 is the default for voicemail, and will drop the call in his desk phones voicemail box.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: