cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to convert to this file type (strange .au file)

hiepnguyenho
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all, hope you are doing great!

My customer has a voice gateway (Cisco 2821). He want to record a new prompt for it. Please check the download link for the old prompt file (Gbreak.au)

He has recorded a new prompt and I have to convert this file to .au with the same properties with Gbreak.au. I opened Gbreak.au with CoolEditPro 2.1 but it asked me for sample rate, codec and I could not hear anything (just like some noisy).

So please analyze this file and tell me how to make it. Thank you very much.

http://www.mediafire.com/?fxram6je7lo8bpq

1 Reply 1

hiepnguyenho
Level 1
Level 1

One more thing, I have made him another .au file like what I often do (8-bit mulaw, 16bit, mono). I test this file in my 2821 Router and it works normally.

But when I test this file with his Router, it said that there is an error with file format.

Here is the output of his 2821 Router:

NIVR01#audio-prompt load Vbreaking-converted.au Reload of Vbreaking-converted.au status failed

audio-prompt Vbreaking-converted.au not loaded - open (or format) failure

Cisco IOS Software, 2800 Software (C2800NM-IPVOICE_IVS-M), Version 12.4(25c), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

And here is mine:

HAN-R2821-01#audio-prompt load Vbreaking-converted.au Reload of Vbreaking-converted.au successful

Cisco IOS Software, 2800 Software (C2800NM-ADVENTERPRISEK9_IVS-M), Version 12.4(24)T, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

So what is the problem with the router? Thank you very much.

Regards,

Hiep Nguyen.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: