cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fiber Patch cord bewteen X2-10GB-SR and SFP-10G-SR

shaikhsuhail
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to know which patch cord should I be using between X2-10GB-SR and SFP-10G-SR. The mention of part no would be very helpful.

Thank You

5 Replies 5

Atif Awan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

shaikhsuhail wrote:

I would like to know which patch cord should I be using between X2-10GB-SR and SFP-10G-SR. The mention of part no would be very helpful.

Thank You

A LC-LC multimode fiber patch cord will be needed in this case as both these transcievers have LC connectors on them. Just ask your cabling vendor for an LC-LC multimode patch cord of appropriate length (5m, 10m, etc).

Atif

dude, double check before you answer.

according to http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/transceiver_modules/compatibility/matrix/OL_6974.html

X2-10GB-SR has SC connector, and the SFP-10G-SR has LC connector. so that would require SC-LC connecitor with MMF, 850-nm wavelength.

CSCO11584685 wrote:

dude, double check before you answer.

according to http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/transceiver_modules/compatibility/matrix/OL_6974.html

X2-10GB-SR has SC connector, and the SFP-10G-SR has LC connector. so that would require SC-LC connecitor with MMF, 850-nm wavelength.

Thanks Sulaiman for the correction. I should not have relied purely on memory as it has potential of failing :-).

Atif

Elie El Amil
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to know which patch cord should I be using between  X2-10GB-SR and IBM 10GBase-SR 10GbE 850 nm Fiber SFP+ Transceiver.

Thanks

X2-10G-SR  is duplex SC connector,   SFP+/10G/SR is duplex LC connector.  i believe you would choose  patch cord with duplex SC and duplex LC.   feel free to keep communication through my email:  optace@gmail.com or  skype: michaeloptace.   i'm interested in 10G/40G technologies a lot

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: