Transfer received calls by agents directly to another CSQ

Unanswered Question
Oct 3rd, 2010

Hi! I need advice. We have UCCX 7 Premium. I was asked to create a following script logic:

After an IVR greeting a received call comes in the queue "CSQ_Operators". An operator answers and depending on callers needs transfers the call to another specified queue (for instance to "CSQ_Support") if there is no answer from "CSQ_Support" the call must go back to the operator which transfered it. After the conversation a caller has to be offered to evaluate quality of service by dial from 1 to 5.

I have two questions.

1. Can the agents of "CSQ_Operators" transfer a call directly to "CSQ_Support" if both queues located withing the same application and the same script? Or I can only add the second application and script with the queue "CSQ_Support" and the operators will transfer calls to the route point number of second script?

2. Which step in the script would better use for saving and calculation the callers input (1 - 5) in the external file?

Thanks in advance!

Ruslan

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Steven Pawlak Mon, 10/04/2010 - 13:04

You can just hand a second trigger and the main app and then have code in the script look at what trigger the call came in on and route accordingly in the script with some Goto steps.

As for the caller input, I would use a Set Enterprise variable step to store the value in on of the 10 custom Variable. Then you could run a Call Custom Variable report and export to excel and do what ever you want then.

KravetsRM Mon, 10/04/2010 - 23:42

Thanks a lot! It's good idea to use the Historical Reporting, I'll try. But I need an automatical process. Is it possible to write values of the variables such as caller input, calling number, current date etc. to the file without my participation? I suppose I should use some variations of the Document steps.

Steven Pawlak Tue, 10/05/2010 - 06:42

You can write all that data out to text file yes. The problem is that writing out to files is done using the Doc Template step and the template has to be of a known configuration. So you could write one line of data or XML out to a file and then the next call would have to be a file with a different name. That is fine if you have a parser application somewhere picking up each file as it comes out.

If you are looking for a batch job over night thing, then I would suggest a custom historical report run on the Schedule that outputs to a data or csv type file.

Other than that, there is not much you can do without getting into crazy custom Java in the code.

Actions

This Discussion