cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with AnyConnect on iphone

phuocnl149
Level 1
Level 1

We’re using Cisco Router 2851 with 150 licenses to setup AnyConnect VPN SSL connection. We setup VPN SSL for Windows connection successfully. Our Iphone users want to use VPN SSL to connect to our system. But we met issue when install package for iPhone.

here is information from log file on Iphone:

2010-10-01 01:46:22 GMT - The required license for this type of VPN client is not available on the headend device. Please contact your network administrator.

My question is: Can Cisco router 2851 install packages to support both Windows, iPhone(as I know ASA 5500 series can install but not sure about 2851 router)?

Thanks a lot!

-       

5 Replies 5

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The latest version of AnyConnect 2.5 does not support iPhone OS yet.

Here is the list of what is supported for AnyConnect version 2.5 for your reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/compatibility/asa-vpn-compatibility.html#wp157434

Hope that helps.

Thanks for your reply. But on apple store, there was app Cisco AnyConnect for VPN SSL.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cisco-anyconnect/id392790924?mt=8#

Problem is when I try to use this app on iphone, I got the information from iPhone 's log file as I mention before. I think it cause from we have not install package for iPhone. I wonder does Router 2851 allow multi packages (ex: Windows, iPhone, Mac, Linux, etc)? As I know ASA allowed this, but not sure with Cisco 2851.

Please support me.

Thanks.

It's currently only supported on ASA platform as per the Description from iTunes, quoted as follows:

Please note that AnyConnect for iPhone requires a Cisco Adaptive  Security Appliance (ASA) running software image 8.0(3).1 or later. The  ASA requires an AnyConnect Mobile license (L-ASA-AC-M-55XX=), as well as  either an AnyConnect Essentials (L-ASA-AC-E-55XX=) or AnyConnect  Premium Clientless SSL VPN Edition (L-ASA-AC-SSL-YYYY=) license, where  XX is the last two digits of your ASA model number and YYYY is the  number of simultaneous users.

thanks for your help.

Regards,

Is Cisco planning ssl mobile client for IOS (routers)?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: