Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBAC and Presence

Hi,

I have a new CUBAC 8 with CUPS 8 and CUCM 8

I have configued the CUPS section on CUBAC and when I do the test connection it is successful

I have added the CUBAC server to the incoming/outgoing ACL on CUPS

However I do not have phone / line presence information on CUBAC

Have I missed anything?

Many Thanks

15 Replies 15

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Best way to do fault isolation is to test the phone presence with a CUPC client.

If you can see phone presence on CUPC client, the problem is on CUBAC/CUPS integration.

Otherwise, the problem is on CUPS/CUCM integration.  You might want to check capability assignments, line apperance assogication, etc.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Micahel,

CUPC client appears ok and can see presence

There does not appear much to do on the CUBAC to CUPS integration.

What would I check?

As far as I know, this part of feature is very buggy on previous version of CUBAC, such as shared-line, multi-line support.

You'd better check with TAC to make sure you're not hitting those bugs.

Michael

Michael,

Whilst I thought my CUCM - CUPS integration was fine I am now not sure - It is not fiully deployed yet

I have 2 test users on CUPC

they can each see their presence and we can see each others fine.

I am using extension mobililiy

However when I go to the presence viewer

I put my user id - it basically comes up with line presence status unknown.

Each UDP line has the user association

each user has standard cti enabled

each user has CUP/CUPS capabilities in licencing

What am I missing

Availability and phone presence are two different features.

In your very first post, you said "I do not have phone / line presence information on CUBAC"

Were you able to see "phone / line presence" from CUPC clients?

Michael

Michael,

I only have two users working on CUPC at present

However if I log onto CUPC and also log onto phone I can see my presence status - on hook etc

Also can see the other user's presence status

However If I go to presence viewer and do a presence view based on my id against the other id I have no presence information for the other persons line.

does this make sense?

Two things on the CUBAC side:

1. In their infinite genious, Arc doesn't show the CUP status column by default within the client. You will need to go into client preferences and add it. It may be working but not showing.
    2. It appears that you need to specify the CUP Proxy Domain on the CUBAC configuration page, even if you are not doing TLS. It adds that value to the username to perform a SIP SUBSCRIBE.

Also, loading presence can take a bit after performing a search; give it a bit. On the phone or in a meeting are displayed as a red 'Busy' state instead of the typical yellow color from CUPC.

Let's do this step by step.

Assuming you have two users - user A and B.

1) If you logged into CUPC as user A and add user B to the contact list, would you be able to see user B's status as "Available" (green)?

2) If user B picks up his phone, from user A's CUPC, would you be able to see user B's status change to "On-The-Phone" (yellow)?

Thanks!

Michael

Hi Michael,

I have two users on CUPC and each user can see availaiblity and presence information of each other - These users are EM users

So yes user A picks up phone and user B sees on phone, vice versa

However in the presence viewer I do not see presence information.

So I think my SIP trunk is ok, but how come the presence viewer does not show this information?

Anderew,

We are having the exact same problem with CUPS 8.02, only we are using Arc's Enterprise console. All our CUPS clients are working fine, but the Arc Console shows all users as "unknown".

I just got off the phone with an Arc engineer. He said that Arc pulls the information differently than the CUPS client and anything you see in the Presence Viewer on the CUPS server is what you will see on the Arc Console. We were a little skeptical of this at first, but he pointed out that CUPS client custom status messages don't show up in the Presence Viewer, they just show as "busy". That's why the Arc Console doesn't display custom status messages.

Also, TAC told us there is a problem with the Presence Viewer in CUPS 8 - until now, weren't sure if that had anything to do with it.

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I have started rolling out CUPC users today and presence/availability all works fine on CUPC

But the presence viewer does not and your comment from TAC explains this.

I like you do not have presence in Attendant console.

Was about to launch TAC case - Do you already have one?

Would be most interested to learn of the fix.

I am thinking that Version 8 of the entire UC range is very  buggy

I have raised more tac cases on this UC 8 delpoyment than I ever had to on previous releases.

Andrew

TAC confirmed this a bug in Presence 8. It only happens when using the UPN login names (bob@domain.com), which is how our customer is setup. If you can change Call Manager to use the Sam Account  Name instead of the User Principal Name for user for the Active Directory integration, you should be able to get this working. Our customer has to use UPN because they have two domains in AD.

We are waiting to hear from TAC about the timeline for a bug fix.

Bug ID please?   I need to get this out of the way so I have something official to point to the customer.  Thanks.

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did you ever find anything with this?   I have a CUBAC and CUCM 8.x.  I have about 100 phones right now or users in the directory.   I can see on the left side the I have most phones showing on/off hook status.  But a few, show a red "X" on the phone.   Correct me if Im wrong here, but for the Presence indicator on the far right of the AC client to show Green/Red/Yellow, we need to have CUPS integrated.  Correct?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: