I am going to upgrade the memory (DRAM and Flash) of some Sup32 in Catalysts 6509-E to be prepared for an IOS-Update.
Therefore I have to find the answers to the following questions:
1) Are there one or two (one for the SP and one for the RP) DRAMs on the Sup32.
2) If there are two of them: Is it neccessary to upgrade both DAMSs to 512MB for the upgrade to IOS 12.2(33)SXH4 (IP Services SSH)?
3) If there are two DRAMs: If have found only one on the motherboard (can be seen with installed MSFC2A) - Where is the sencond DRAM located?
4) I have found two Flashs: One on the MSFC2A, a soncond one on the motherboard on the right side (Slot with a CF-card). Is that correct?
5) If it is correct: Which of them is the sup-bootflash?
6) If the sup-bootflash is located on the MSFC2A: Which adaptor ist needed for using a CF-card (partnumber).
Can anybody help, please?