cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PTP link btw sites issue

jithendarkumaru
Level 1
Level 1

We have PTP link btw two sites, when we did failover test on the link, the X sites of VLANs were able to reach site Y site. But only one VLAN not able to reach the Y site from X site.

In a N/W cloud, X site hooked with xxxx B/W and Y site with xxx B/W. However the failover PTP link btw these two sites is xxx B/W.

LAN routing protocol is EIGRP.

My only concern is that only only one VLAN not able to reach the Y site from X site. What could be the issue?

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

My only concern is that only only one VLAN not able to reach the Y site from X site. What could be the issue?

A configuration mistake.

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

jithendarkumaru wrote:

We have PTP link btw two sites, when we did failover test on the link, the X sites of VLANs were able to reach site Y site. But only one VLAN not able to reach the Y site from X site.

In a N/W cloud, X site hooked with xxxx B/W and Y site with xxx B/W. However the failover PTP link btw these two sites is xxx B/W.

LAN routing protocol is EIGRP.

Not sure how you expect us to answer this with the details provided. I would think the most likely culprit would be a missing route for the vlan in site Y so that return traffic cannot get back to site X.

Check your routing tables at both ends of the link to make sure all routes are present. If they are then it would help if you could provide some more details and some configurations.

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card