Views
Helpful
Replies

Logging FWSM

estelamathew
Level 2
Level 2

Hello Dears,

I can't see any logs on FWSM when i do sh logging.  Below is the output and command what i have entered in the configuration.

logging enable
logging buffer-size 8096
logging asdm-buffer-size 512
logging trap debugging
logging asdm debugging
logging queue 8192
logging host MGMT 172.24.10.10
logging host MGMT 172.24.10.11

FWSM(config)# sh logging
Syslog logging: enabled
    Facility: 20
    Timestamp logging: disabled
    Standby logging: disabled
    Deny Conn when Queue Full: disabled
    Console logging: disabled
    Monitor logging: disabled
    Buffer logging: disabled
    Trap logging: level debugging, facility 20, 227608597 messages logged
        Logging to MGMT 172.24.10.10 errors: 143  dropped: 32864
        Logging to MGMT 172.24.10.11 errors: 277934  dropped: 41712784
    History logging: disabled
    Device ID: disabled
    Mail logging: disabled
    ASDM logging: level debugging, 227608597 messages logged

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I am not sure i am the right person to answer this as i do not have lot of experience with designing or working with networks. I am sure there are other better people out there who can help you with some tools, etc to help you with your requirement.

I can try my best to suggest workarounds as situations arice and provide ways of securing your network.

Cheers,

Prapanch

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

praprama
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please add the command "logging buffered debugging" and then you should see logs in the "show logg" output.

As a side note, I owuld suggest you not to have these many syslog destinations enabled on the FWSM as there is a high chance of overloading it and resulting in issues. Please disable ones you think can be done away with.

Thanks and Regards,

Prapanch

Thanks Prapanch,

I will do it tomorrow as i m out of office i will update u.  Prapanch how i can check the health of My Network.??? If u can help me with your expierience.

Thanks,

Hi,

I am not sure i am the right person to answer this as i do not have lot of experience with designing or working with networks. I am sure there are other better people out there who can help you with some tools, etc to help you with your requirement.

I can try my best to suggest workarounds as situations arice and provide ways of securing your network.

Cheers,

Prapanch

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card