Views
Helpful
Replies

Logging FWSM

estelamathew
Level 2
Level 2

Hello Dears,

I can't see any logs on FWSM when i do sh logging.  Below is the output and command what i have entered in the configuration.

logging enable
logging buffer-size 8096
logging asdm-buffer-size 512
logging trap debugging
logging asdm debugging
logging queue 8192
logging host MGMT 172.24.10.10
logging host MGMT 172.24.10.11

FWSM(config)# sh logging
Syslog logging: enabled
    Facility: 20
    Timestamp logging: disabled
    Standby logging: disabled
    Deny Conn when Queue Full: disabled
    Console logging: disabled
    Monitor logging: disabled
    Buffer logging: disabled
    Trap logging: level debugging, facility 20, 227608597 messages logged
        Logging to MGMT 172.24.10.10 errors: 143  dropped: 32864
        Logging to MGMT 172.24.10.11 errors: 277934  dropped: 41712784
    History logging: disabled
    Device ID: disabled
    Mail logging: disabled
    ASDM logging: level debugging, 227608597 messages logged

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I am not sure i am the right person to answer this as i do not have lot of experience with designing or working with networks. I am sure there are other better people out there who can help you with some tools, etc to help you with your requirement.

I can try my best to suggest workarounds as situations arice and provide ways of securing your network.

Cheers,

Prapanch

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

praprama
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please add the command "logging buffered debugging" and then you should see logs in the "show logg" output.

As a side note, I owuld suggest you not to have these many syslog destinations enabled on the FWSM as there is a high chance of overloading it and resulting in issues. Please disable ones you think can be done away with.

Thanks and Regards,

Prapanch

Thanks Prapanch,

I will do it tomorrow as i m out of office i will update u.  Prapanch how i can check the health of My Network.??? If u can help me with your expierience.

Thanks,

Hi,

I am not sure i am the right person to answer this as i do not have lot of experience with designing or working with networks. I am sure there are other better people out there who can help you with some tools, etc to help you with your requirement.

I can try my best to suggest workarounds as situations arice and provide ways of securing your network.

Cheers,

Prapanch

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: