Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS 7.x

guy.richard
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have got a PAK for a CUPS server (1server 540 users)

On registration web site I'm asked for the server mac address.

Which server address ? CUPS server needs a license for software but CUCM needs the users licenses ?

Thanks for help

Guy

3 Replies 3

Lakshmi Adapala
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You will need to provide CUPS server MAC address as it a license will be issues for the SIP Proxy and Presence on the CUPS. But you will not need a user license separately for CUPS as you will enable license capabilities for CUPS/CUPS on callmanager web page and then users will be synced to CUPS.

Thanks,

Lakshmi

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. I understand but once synchonized, CUPS/CUPC users will consume DLU's in CUCM. They appear within the CUPS PAK.

Hi

Enable UPS (Unified Presence Server)

Enable UPC (Unified Personal Communicator)

By default neither of these are checked; however, each box that is checked takes one unit from the Device License Pool. Therefore, if both boxes are checked, you are correct that it will consume 2 DLUs. On the Presence Server itself there is only the license for the proxy server and presence engine functionality. All user licensing and capability assignment is done from CUCM only.

So CUPS SW feature license will be issued to CUPS Mac address and user license (DLU) will be issued to callmanager Publisher MAC address.

Thanks,

Lakshmi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: