Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up UCM6.1.3 with only UCM4.1.3 configuration

Hi,

Running UCM 4.1.3.  Setting up a new UCM 6.1.3 cluster with a new hardware with required new node & DLU's for IP Phones.

To avoid reconfiguring in the new UCM 6.1.3,is it any way to put the existing UCM 4.1.3 configuration on new UCM 6.1.3 ??

Note:We are not doing upgradation from 4.1.3 to 6.1.3.

Thanks & Regards,

Krishna

4 Replies 4

srsivara
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

DMA would be the best way to migrate your data from 4.1.3 to 6.1.3

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/dma/6_1_3/dma-rel_note-613a.html

- Sriram

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you're not going to use DMA then your only choice is:

a) for licensing get in touch with licensing (licensing@cisco.com) so they can help you migrate DLUs and node licenses.

b) for config use DMA to get as much info as you can

Since the files and the format are not the same you cannot just pull the files from 4.X and insert them in 6.X without modifying them to adjust any of the new fields 6.X has as mandatory.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Java,

Thanks for the reply.

If i am wrong pls correct me..

I wlil use the DMA backup (from UCM 4.1.3) during the installation of new UCM 6.1.3,then i will generate the license from the new PAK's (node & DLU)for node and DLU's.

pls reply back..

Reagrds,

Krishna

Once you start CUCM you will run on a temporary license, you need to submit this license in order to make it permanent. It will give you enough DLUs and node licenses for the config you had in 4.X.

in the license page in the bottom there is a migration license option you'll need to use.

What you'll need to register is the PAK for the feature license which you'll need to upload in order to start the ccm service.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: