cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA Clients connects to VPN but no route inside, need some help?

zafnath
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone...!

I have a Cisco ASA running IOS Version 8.0(4) everyone in my company connects good throug the VPN Clients connect, but they don´t have routing.

I´m wondering why the connnect to the VPN and then don´t have any traffic inside.

Need some tips..

28 Replies 28

Shilpa Gupta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

As per the problem description, I understand that you can connect via VPN client , however you can not access anything on inside?

Please let me know if the problem description is correct.

Also for better understanding of the issue,please answer the following questions:-

[1]What is the VPN client that you are using?

[2]Are the nat translations in place on ASA?

[3]Have you configured split tunnel?Is the internal network included in it?

It would be great if you can attach the 'sh tech' output of ASA.

Thanks,

Shilpa

Shilpa answering  your questions:

As per the problem description, I understand that you can connect via VPN client , however you can not access anything on inside? YES

[1]What is the VPN client that you are using?  Cisco System VPN Client Version 5.0.04.0300

[2]Are the nat translations in place on ASA?  yes I have a couple of NATs working in a several rules.

[3]Have you configured split tunnel?Is the internal network included in it? The Slipt Tunneling is checked on the Network List as INherit, that means the whole network

If there a specific part of show tech that you want to see?

Thanks for your help

Namit Agarwal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

Please paste the running config of the ASA here. You can remove the sensitive IP information.

Thanks,

Namit

Hi,

I would like to check if you have nat exempt for the traffic on the inside network to the pool ip address of the client.If it is not configured then configure

the same and check if you are able to connect.

Also once you are connected, you should be able to see the route for reaching your client ip is via outside interface. This can be done by issuing"sh route".

Thanks,

Shilpa

Guys here is the running.. config

thanks for your help

Shilpa Gupta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Once connected via VPN, the host  which you are trying to access is connected directly to the ASA or is there any device present in between the inside host and the ASA.

If yes, make sure that you should have route on that device for the pool ip address pointing towards the ASA's inside ip.

Thanks,

Shilpa

The Core Switch is attached directly to the ASA Inside Interface, but even the Core I can´t Access is like the whole trafffic is not routed.

Hi,

After getting connected to the ASA via, try to ping the ASA's inside ip address and let me know if you are able to ping.

Add the following commands:-

[1]sysopt connection permit-vpn

[2]management access inside

Let me know if you able to ping

[1]the ASA's inside ip address

[2]Any host on the inside

When you say whole traffic is not routed, can please explain it briefly.

Thanks,

Shilpa

I didi the above commands but nothing happen.

When you say whole traffic is not routed, can please explain it briefly.

Answer: My first hop after the inside asa´s  interface is the CORE Switch, I´m trying to ping it but it doesn´t work. If i can´t  get into the first hop how for sure I won´t be able to get into the rest of the network.

Namit Agarwal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please provide the details of the tunnel you are trying to establish. Which tunnel-group ?

Regards,

Namit

once connected via vpn give the following command on asa and pkease pasete it

show crypto ipsec sa peer

show vpn-sessiondb remote

Namit Agarwal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

Please paste a screenshot of the route details on the VPN Client. The route details can be viewed at Status > Statistics > Route Details. I just want to confirm whether the VPN Client is getting the correct routes. Also I see that the tunnel-group in use is XXXX and the policy associated with it is clientes. Please provide me the details of this group-policy. An output of "show run all group-policy clientes" will be helpful.

Regards,

Namit

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card