Views
Helpful
Replies

CME Faxing Question - 2901 Router

Phil.Garrelhas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We just put in a Cisco 2901 router as our CME/CUE solution with two WIC slots (4 analog ports on each).  This replaced an ICS 7750 solution.

We also have 15 DIDs. I would like to set up one of the DIDs to ring on one of the WIC ports, where a fax machine will be connected to.

Any guidance here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Phil

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If your provider sends 10 digits, do this:

dial-peer voice 3011 pots

destination-pattern 6471234567

port 0/2/1

Destination-pattern is the string we use to match for an outbound dial-peer match.  You're essentially assigning the DID directly to the phone by doing this.

EDIT: Removed part about CM, since this is a CME install.  Make sure you have direct-inward-dial configured on your inbound dial-peer match for the POTS side.

If you have issues, run:

debug isdn q931

debug voip ccapi inout

debug vpm sig

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Be more clear: where are your DIDs coming in?  Is that from a PRI?  SIP trunk?  FXS DID?

I assume when you refer to your 'WIC' ports those are FXS ports.  To get the FXS to ring you simply need a POTS dial-peer pointing to the fax machine port, with a destination-pattern to match the length of the DID that is coming in from the DID circuit.

Hello,

My aplogies. I'm a bit new to the backend CLI configuration. I've only worked with the front end GUI.

The DIDs are coming in from a PRI. And yes, I mean FXS ports.

I take it the diap peer would look like this:

!Analog fax machine

destination-pattern 3011

port 0/2/1

What would the corresponding destination pattern be to match the above? The phone company is sending 10 digits. 6471234567 would be the DID in question.

Also, is there a particular significance to the "3011"? Or, can that number be anything as long as its unused?

Thanks,

Phil..

If your provider sends 10 digits, do this:

destination-pattern 6471234567

port 0/2/1

Destination-pattern is the string we use to match for an outbound dial-peer match.  You're essentially assigning the DID directly to the phone by doing this.

EDIT: Removed part about CM, since this is a CME install.  Make sure you have direct-inward-dial configured on your inbound dial-peer match for the POTS side.

If you have issues, run:

debug isdn q931

debug voip ccapi inout

debug vpm sig

Perfect.

That did it!

Thanks!

Phil...