GRE over ipsec with EIGRP routing

Unanswered Question
Oct 4th, 2010

hey guys please can you help me on this issue, I have a hub and spoke topology regarding to gre tunnels and the routers are running eigrp across the wan, the question is I want to redirect all the traffic across the tunnels first just let me tell you that it worked with (static routes from every spoke to another through the tunnel---> that was solution #1 and the other was I ran another routing protocol <OSPF> with the tunnel interfaces and made its AD LOWER than EIGRP) BUT !!! the way I want to do it is I want to create like default route on every spoke that points to the tunnel interface of the HUB, SO how can I make this happen ??!!! attached is the drawing of my network (it is just a lab , the real one is much bigger)

Attachment: 
I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
khdouradtech Mon, 10/04/2010 - 23:08

it is like that, but the traffic keeps going to the real interface, all what I want to do is to force the traffic to go through the tunnel.

OK looking at the diag I would change a few things:-

1) Have all the "core" routers on the same subnet, currently you have 1.1.1.0/24 & 172.16.5.0/24 & 192.168.10.0/24 & 10.1.1.0/24

2) Once you have a unfied subnet addressing in the core you can run any protocol you want to link the core together.

3) Your hub is in the wrong place - idealy it should be smack in the center.

4) The when you create your tunnels you can either use loopbacks or the serial interface for tunnel source/endpoints

5) The you will be able to easily route the spoke lans over the tunnels thru the hub.

HTH>

Actions

This Discussion