cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

GRE over ipsec with EIGRP routing

khdouradtech
Level 1
Level 1

hey guys please can you help me on this issue, I have a hub and spoke topology regarding to gre tunnels and the routers are running eigrp across the wan, the question is I want to redirect all the traffic across the tunnels first just let me tell you that it worked with (static routes from every spoke to another through the tunnel---> that was solution #1 and the other was I ran another routing protocol <OSPF> with the tunnel interfaces and made its AD LOWER than EIGRP) BUT !!! the way I want to do it is I want to create like default route on every spoke that points to the tunnel interface of the HUB, SO how can I make this happen ??!!! attached is the drawing of my network (it is just a lab , the real one is much bigger)

3 Replies 3

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

If you want to get from spoke to spoke via the tunnels using EIGRP, then just make the tunnels part of the EIGRP process, and the LAN also.  That way each spoke router will know about the other LANS and not the core.

HTH>

it is like that, but the traffic keeps going to the real interface, all what I want to do is to force the traffic to go through the tunnel.

OK looking at the diag I would change a few things:-

1) Have all the "core" routers on the same subnet, currently you have 1.1.1.0/24 & 172.16.5.0/24 & 192.168.10.0/24 & 10.1.1.0/24

2) Once you have a unfied subnet addressing in the core you can run any protocol you want to link the core together.

3) Your hub is in the wrong place - idealy it should be smack in the center.

4) The when you create your tunnels you can either use loopbacks or the serial interface for tunnel source/endpoints

5) The you will be able to easily route the spoke lans over the tunnels thru the hub.

HTH>

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card