Views
Helpful
Replies

Skype Connect (Skype for SIP) Incoming Calls Not Working

vollmarj
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I recently purchased a UC540 and am trying to use Skype Connect as the SIP provider. I have configured the SIP trunk and outgoing calls work fine through Skype. My problem is, I can't seem to get incoming calls to work. I have a skype online number associate with the Connect Profile. When I call the number, it doesn't ring on the extension I expect it to. I  setup the incoming dial plan with my skype profile username as the PSTN range (9905100...) to direct dial a single extension. What am I doing wrong?

PS - I used the most recent version of CCA to do the config.

7 Replies 7

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Collect these for a failure:

debug voip ccapi inout

debug ccsip mess

Also get the output of:

sh sip-ua regis status

greetings -- ran into a similar issue --  the fix was to be sure the incoming caller-id screen in cca (Configure --> Telephony --> Dial Plan --> Incoming --> Direct Dialing tab) has the DID range set as the skype online phone number associated with the connect profile NOT the profile username number (99051000xxxx).  Be sure to include the leading 1 before the areacode!

cca should look like either of the screen caps below;

hope it helps.

Hi Louis,

I'm attempting to do the same thing but am a little confused as where I find the DID range set as the skype online phone number associated with the connect profile.

Just to be sure I'm in the right place, I am trying to get Skype-To-Skype calls for our Skypename to go to our AutoAttendant.

Thanks in advance for any help

Bob

Under the incoming dialplan enter your numbers and point them to the AA.  How many numbers did you buy for Skype connect?

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for the quick response - much apprecaited.  I don't have a number for Skype Connect as I don't want another incoming phone number as such, I simply want people to be able to call my Skype name from their own Skype program and have them put through to our phone system (and use the Skype SIP for outbound calls), I know others have achieved this:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2020362

All the best

Bob

Skype connect is the only offering skype has that will allow you to connect to any PBX.  I havent used Skype in a while but your skype name is not configurable in CME only numbers.  The numbers are used to register your account with skype.

Hi Marcus,

Brandon in the thread I linked specifically says he has achieved the SkypeName to UC5xx workflow and I've read elsewhere that it can be done (it's a logical progression really) so I'm going to persist.

Thanks anyway

Bob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: