Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN client and windows 2003 server

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Question from our Facebook user "Yasir A Raja":

"I am trying to connect cisco vpn client but in windows 2003 server i am  unable to connect . . does anyone know how can i connect in my windows  2003 server"

7 Replies 7

ryasirabass
Level 1
Level 1

this question is raised by me . . i have vpn in my xp machine and i am unable to connect it in windows 2003 server . . i try to connect in other windows like windows 7 and windows vista it will work but in windows 2003 it won't ..

Please give your appropriate comments so that i am able to connect it in windows 2003 server.

Thanks & Regards

Yasir A Raja

Hi Yasir,

What is the headend device you are trying to connect to? Is it a router or an ASA? If it's a router, please share the folllowing debugs when connecting from a win 2003 server machine: "debug cry isa", "debug cry ipsec". If it's an ASA you are connecting to, please share the outputs of "debug cry isa 127" and "debug cry ips 127".

Also, if it's possible, please do paste a sanitized version of your current config.

Thanks and Regards,

Prapanch

HI Prapanch.

i am using linksys cisco  rv042router

Hi ,

What is the version of the VPN Client you are running ? So is the VPN client not even connecting to the VPN ?? IF so, do you get any error message ?

thanks,

Namit

Hi,

Please add the following keyword "The "UseLegacyIKEPort=0"to the profile .pcf file at the path "C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\VPN Client\Profiles"  Lets see if it helps

Thanks,

Namit

hi Namit ,

thanks for your reply but it wont help me out...

hi namit .. i am using  linksys cisco  rv042 router

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: