Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX HA - 7 -- When it will failover ?

I know that if CCX node manager is not up, it will failover, I know that if the primary server is shutdown, it will failover on the standby.

Is there any documentation that tells what are the reason the CCX will failover ?

I only find that ...

CCX 7 Admin guide :

If the active server fails, there is automatic failover to the standby server.
When an active server failover occurs, the following happens:
•Any active calls existing in the system—and those ringing at an agent’s phone—are terminated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

vairamo
Level 1
Level 1

When node 1 and node 2 running as master and slave state, and if node2 slave didn't received udp heartbeat messages (4 or 5) from node1 within 30 seconds then it node2 will assume that node 1 is having problem, so CVD process elects a new Master Engine on node2 and all services start on node2. So it can be network releated between nodes, or node1 memory issue or high pcu or any other hardware/software failure and not sending heartbeat then node2 takes over as master.

This doc about behaviour but not when it will failover.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_0/reference/guide/uccx80_eb_failover.pdf

thanks

Mohan

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

vairamo
Level 1
Level 1

When node 1 and node 2 running as master and slave state, and if node2 slave didn't received udp heartbeat messages (4 or 5) from node1 within 30 seconds then it node2 will assume that node 1 is having problem, so CVD process elects a new Master Engine on node2 and all services start on node2. So it can be network releated between nodes, or node1 memory issue or high pcu or any other hardware/software failure and not sending heartbeat then node2 takes over as master.

This doc about behaviour but not when it will failover.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_0/reference/guide/uccx80_eb_failover.pdf

thanks

Mohan