Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using the " Display " softkey to turn off 7975 Ip phone

Hi. Thanks for taking time to read this post.

Actually, I am having a strange request from a potential client.

I have tried to look for the solution all over the place, but I can't find any hint.

The problem is as follows:

There is a 7.1.3 CallManager cluster.

Guest phones' displays turn on at the specified time and after their configured time are turned off again.

Now, the client is asking whether the "display" softkey, the one at extreme right on the 7975 Ip phone, can be used to turn on and turn off the display,

like a flip switch of some sorts...

Has anyone ever had this requirement,

If it is not possible, do you know of any work-around?

Thanks and regards

davi

3 Replies 3

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That button will turn the display back on when it is asleep, but I don't think there is any way to get it to also sleep the screen.

The parameters in the phone configuration that can be changed regarding screen sleep timers are listed here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/command/reference/cme_s1ht.html#wp1132592

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

AFAIK that's not possible, why don't you just use this?

This field indicates how long to wait before the dislpay is turned  off when it was turned on by user activity.  This inactivity timer will  continually reset itself during user activity.  Leaving this field blank  will make the phone use a pre-determined default value of one hour.   Maximum value is 24 hours.  This value can be in free form hours and  mintues.  "1:30" would turn off the display after one hour and 30  minutes of inactivity
Default:                  01:00
Maximum length:                5

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Stevel Holl and Javalenc..

Thank you for the quick reply.

As I mentionned previously, I seached all over the place and could not find a way to do it the way my client wants.. (Even if that's a small detail, I think that would greatly enhance our lives if we could)

For the display timeout... this is already done..

I wanted to confirm with you guys whether this is actually possible or not..

Also I have another question..

Since the phones will be used in a hospitality environment, wanted to know if that is possible to change the label " Corporate Directory " to something like " Guest directory". And also, I presume if that is possible, it can to be done for all supported languages and locales..