cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Give priority to an agent

CFE.Soporte
Level 1
Level 1

I have an IPCC 7 enterprise and I'd like to know if there's a way that I can give priority to an agent.

I have 5 agents with the same skillgroup but I want that the calls go first to a specific agent and in case that agent is busy the call goes to another.

I know that in CUCM I can make it with hunt groups, is there a way i can do the same in the IPCC script?

Regards!

15 Replies 15

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Of course you can.

Use the Queue to Agent nodes. You can rank your 5 agents in order, put the Queue to Agent nodes in for them (if all 5 need to be ranked). You have the choice of queuing to the agent for some time before overflow to the SG, or just coming out the X port straight into your Q2SG node - so it won't queue.

You normally set the Q2A node to not queue to a logged out agent, but you can override that.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Goeff,

Is there any document which can be reffered for this (agents to queue node) and will this affect the call reporting (CUIS).

Regards,

Brajesh.

Is there any document which can be reffered for this (agents to queue node)

I don't know what version you are on, but it's on page 130 of "ICM Scripting and Media Routing Guide" Cisco ICM/IPCC Enterprise & Hosted Editions - Release 7.0(0) May 2007.

and will this affect the call reporting (CUIS)..

Nothing special really - standard IPCC approach with call types.

If you set up a "queuing" call type at the top of the script and don't allow any escape from this call type but to an agent through the Router (no change of call type, no disappearing calls for holidays or time of day, no change of call type for RONA) then the caller experience will be accurately measured by the "queuing" call type - WebView or CUIS, it does not matter.

If you go sticking call types in there to count calls that go to agents directly instead of through the skill group, or calls that RONA, you will mess up reporting. Use a peripheral variable for that and track it through the RCD.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for the update.

Got to know that by making a new seperate skill group we can prioritize the calls.

The requirement in our case is as follows.

We have 100 agents of as of now and 10 new agents are joining soon. We are looking for setup in which the call will come to 100 agents and the overflow calls should go to the new hired agents.

Will this setup using making a separate skill group for these new 10 agents make reporting complex/not feasible.

It seems in Genesis it is not feasible to have two skill groups with one vendor.

Create two skill groups and put them both in a queue to skillgroup node is the way to go.  In that node you should probably use a consider if statement for the new hires skill group.  That consider if statement could b "If available agents in non-new hire skill group = 0"  that way you only queue calls to the new hires when there are ZERO agents available in the other skill group.  Does that make sense?

david

Thanks David.

Will making two skill group create any issue in call reporting.Any possible senario you see in which which call reporting will reflect any difference with normal configuration (one skill group).

Regards,

Brajesh.

Assuming you don't change anything else (e.g. call types) then reporting will not change.

david

We have 100 agents of as of now and 10 new agents are joining soon. We are looking for setup in which the call will come to 100 agents and the overflow calls should go to the new hired agents.

I would not do it that way.

The way I would do it would be to put the new hires in the new skill group (SG_new) and would start off the queuing part of your script with a Select (LAA) node and Skill Group (SG_new) node. The X port of the Select goes to your normal Queue to Skill Group (SG_100) with appropriate queuing.

The advantage of this is a caller gets a new agent if one is available, but calls do not queue to the new agents. When a new agent is finished with the current call, there will not be a call queued up and waiting. The new agent will get the next new call, if they remain available. This prevents new agents from getting all flustered by calls queuing up, and coaching with regards to the call that just finished is easy. The new agents will never see calls in queue to them on that SG.

Will this setup using making a separate skill group for these new 10 agents make reporting complex/not feasible.

Your primary reporting object in IPCC is the Call Type.

I would put a call type between the check port of the LAA node and the SG node to measure the new agents. Since agents have to be available to get through here, the ASA of this call type will always be zero (assuming auto answer) and the abandon rate will be zero (assuming no abandon ringing). So don't expect otherwise - but you will be counting the calls they get.

The other call type should be set on the X port of the LAA to count the calls the SG_100 get and measure abandon rate and ASA.

Skill Group reports on the two different skill groups are going to be useful for seeing what the talk time is, how many holds are placed, how many are transferred. The two skill groups are going to provide different stats - of course. I see no issues here.

(I was typing this while David was replying. As you can see, there are different approaches. I am always mindful of call type reporting, which influences by approach).

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks Geoff.

So we will make SG_new skill group which new agents will be assigned. If any new agent state mode is ready it will come in LAA free pool agents along with other free agents( from SG_100) and call will be sent. As soon as no agent is available (from both skill group) then call will go to queue "Queue to Skill group (SG_100)" as we don't want any new agents to give any call which is in queue.

If i understood clearily can I know where to put SG_new and SG_100 in call flow for L.A.A. Will it be like this.

Start > Select(LAA) [Y]---->Skill Group( SG_100)----> Skill Group (SG_New)
         X
         |
      Queue to Skill group (SG_100)

As you have described earlier in call reporting there should not be any issue.

Regards,

Brajesh.

Start > Select(LAA) [Y]---->QCT1 --->Skill Group (SG_New)

X
                   |

QCT2

|
                  Queue to Skill group (SG_100)

I was thinking it would be like the above. Only if a new agent is available, would it grab a new agent. Otherwise, the queue to skill group (SG_100) will be used to give the call to an available agent or queue to those agents. No need to add the SG_100 to the Skill Group node. The "queuing" call types provide reporting.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff

It worked but I need something else. What I need is that the first agent (agent A) always get the calls in case she is busy the calls should go through the rest of the agents.

How it's working right now?

The first call goes to agent A. She ends the call. I make another test and the call goes to the second agent. I'd like that the call goes to agent A.

What can I do?

I added the Q2A and I put my agents in a specific order.

Regards

What I need is that the first agent (agent A) always get the calls in case she is busy the calls should go through the rest of the agents.

That is indeed how it should work. Let's say you have:

Q2A (agent1)

Q2A (agent2)

Q2A (agent3)

Q2SG (skill group for agents 1,2,3)

all connected in this sequence. Call arrives - if agent1 is ready and not on a call, agent1 will be selected, no matter what.

The first call goes to agent A. She ends the call. I make another test and the call goes to the second agent. I'd like that the call goes to agent A.

Do you have some wrap-up time that is making agent1 unavailable? When you watch the script, does this call come out of the check port or the X port of the first Q2A node/

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

By creating Subskill group and set priority to Sub skills and assign to respective Scripts, we can prioritize agents.
Please confirm?

Can we go by building reports based on Subskill groups. Need to understand how Subskill groups are represented for reports.

Please provide your input on this.

Regards,

Brajesh.

Do not use sub skillgroups, I repeat DO NOT USE SUB SKILLGROUPS.  They are a pain and will never work the way you intend them to.

david

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: