cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

analog gw

dlee_gmail
Level 1
Level 1

hi! I'm using comm mgr 7 in our env with voice analog gw v 224. But so far i'm not too sure how this analog gw work. if i would to add a analog phone what shd be done in the analog gw side? direct line vs extension (the analog line as an extension - can that be done?).?

If it's possible to configure the analog phone's extension in the Comm mgr, what would happen if the com mgr is down? the purpose of setting up analog phone is for backup purposes. If i would to have a drect line for the analog phone, what needed to be done? pls assist to provide a simple steps that i can follow to configure the gw....that would be of great help. Thx.

1 Reply 1

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you add the FXS port as a SCCP FXS port to CM, you can essentially treat the endpoint just like you would a SCCP IP phone, and it will have hold/conference/transfer/speeddial functionality via feature access codes.  You typically will assign it an extension, but if you want you can assign a full DID to the port--do whatever satisifes your current CM dialplan.

It will support SRST if the CM goes down (assuming you have an SRST router somewhere).