cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to access web-based configuration using host name (WAP4410N)

elbandido
Level 1
Level 1

I recently bought and installed a WAP4410N access point (using PoE) and it's running stable. I was able to access the web-based configuration by using the IP address of the AP (something like 192.168.0.184, coming from the DHCP of my router).

However, I'm unable to access the web-based configuration using the host name of the device (mentioned next to the device name in the basic setup section of the web-based configuration). I changed the host name several times, but I can't connect to the device using the host name. Accessing the device by its IP address works, but I have to check the logging of my router to find out which IP address I have to use. Is there a way to access the device using the host name?

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Pieter.

(I think my WAP4410N has firmware version 2.0.2.1 installed)

3 Replies 3

riroe
Level 3
Level 3

You should be able to access the web based GUI using the Host Name if you have a record of the host name  that exists in

your DNS server.  You would need a server that handles your DNS.   You could also configure the device with a static IP. This

way you will always know what the Ip address of the device is.  

THANKS

Thanks for your reply, riroe.

I don't have a DNS server running in my LAN. What's puzzling me is that all other devices (workstation, laptop, NAS, etc...) in my LAN are accessible through their host names and this without running any kind of DNS service. Is this a limitation of the WAP4410N access point?

Thanks in advance,

Pieter.

The  Admin Guide for the AP states that if you have a record of the host name in the DNS server that you should be able to access it this way.

I have not really ever used this function but have always just accessed the device with the IP address.

THANKS

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: