Helpful
Replies

Two Stage Dialing - CCM 4.3

torleif
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

We use Callmanager 4.3.

To reduce costs we use a Topex Mobilink GSM gateway to make GSM calls. This works fine.

If we make GSM calls to the Topex gateway, the calls are redirected to one single internal phone. This also works fine.

Is it possible to make Callmanger answer the GSM calls and then give a new dial tone - so the user can dial the internal number?

Any help appriciated.

Regadrs,

Torleif Hovden, Norway

1 Reply 1

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

I do not think that CallManager can do provide dialtone  - you may be able to get a H.323 gateway to do so but be careful about toll fraud.

The option I would look at is forwarding the callers to an Autoattendant IVR that prompts callers to enter the number they wish to reach.

Most falvours of Unity include Autoattendant functionality. If you do not have Unity then using a TCL script on a H.323 gateway may be an option.

The link below may help with the TCL script option.

http://angryciscoguy.com/jello/?p=45

Please rate helpful posts

Edit

In my experience (mainly Quescom) GSM gateways are not great at dealing with DTMF tones from inbound callers - I would be interested to know how the Topex boxes work with this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: