Views
Helpful
Replies

slavesup-bootdisk: file system blocked

jorge.calvo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

It seems I have the standby supervisor flash memory file system blocked whilst the sup-boodisk: file system is fine on the primary supervisor card

C6509#dir slavesup-bootdisk:
%Error opening slavesup-bootdisk:/ (Device or resource busy)

Both supervisors are WS-SUP720-3B and I was able to access the secondary one flash: yesterday.

Is there any command to make it accessible again without having to reload the supervisor itself or issuing the format slavesup-bootdisk: command?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jorge,

No harm in trying to format it. Since "dir" command report "resource is busy", I am not sure if you will be able to format it.

Let me know results.

Send complete results of "sh mod" and "sh ver | inc IOS"

- Yogesh

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Yogesh Ramdoss
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jorge,

Please check "show file system" and see if the switch see slavesup-bootdisk: and file systems size is listed (and not "-").

If it is not recognized, may I know if you are running any EEM/Tcl script that access this file system more often ?

Did you check LEDs of slavesup ?

- Yogesh

Hello,

Thanks for your quick reply. In fact the disk size is not being recongized:

-           -      disk     rw   slavesup-bootdisk: slavesup-bootflash:

I am not runing any EEM or TCL script.

I am not onsite so I cannot check the LED status. I quess my only solution is to format the disk.

Cheers.

Jorge,

No harm in trying to format it. Since "dir" command report "resource is busy", I am not sure if you will be able to format it.

Let me know results.

Send complete results of "sh mod" and "sh ver | inc IOS"

- Yogesh

Hello,

I finally had to reboot the standby supervisor card to recover the access to the flash.

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: