Views
Helpful
Replies

ISR G2 (1941) and IP SLA command

gilbertojardim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi People;

I'm have a new cisco router, and i trying configurate the router with a 2 internet conections, using the ip sla and track commands to backup static route, but i dont could make this config, because the ip sla command not working.

In older configurations, i'm have this command:

ip sla 1

icmp-echo 200.200.1.1 source-interface FastEthernet1

timeout 1000

threshold 40

frequency 3

ip sla schedule 1 life for

ever start-time now

track 123 rtr 1 reachability

delay down 15 up 10

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 200.200.200.200 track 123

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 100.100.100.100 11

but in this router, the help of ip sla command display it:

xxx-xxx(config)# ip sla ?

key-chain  Use MD5 Authentication for IP SLAs Control Messages

responder  Enable IP SLAs Responder

xxx-xxx(config)#ip sla responder ?

auto-register  Setup auto-register to hub

tcp-connect    Setup tcp-connect responder

udp-echo       Setup udp-echo responder

<cr>

someone know how i make this config???

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Did a bit of digging around and there is something definitely not right. Found this doc -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/ios/ipsla/configuration/guide/sla_roadmap.html

The IOS links at the top of the doc, you can click on any of them and they take to you to the relevant section within the doc except for 15.1T for which there is no section.

Not sure what has happened to IP SLA. Perhaps someone else can help.

If they can't and you can open TAC cases then there is a new feature for the Network Infrastructure Forums where you can open a case from within a discussion. See this link for more details -

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-13613

Jon

View solution in original post

Not if you want to monitor the entire path on each link. I was wondering if performance routing could do it but i haven't really used that.

Jon

View solution in original post

24 Replies 24

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What feature set are you running on the router ?

Jon

IP Base.

I need a special feature set to make this configuration? In the feature navigator this feature is available in IP Base....

Which IOS version are you running ?

I have just checked Feature Navigator with a 1941 running 15.0(1)M and it is not supported in IP Base. It is supported in DATA.

Jon

The IOS version is 15.1(2)T....

I'm search by "Reliable Static Routing Back-up using Object Tracking"....

If i dont have this feature in IP Base, there other method to configure failover of static routes?

gilbertojardim wrote:

The IOS version is 15.1(2)T....

I'm search by "Reliable Static Routing Back-up using Object Tracking"....

If i dont have this feature in IP Base, there other method to configure failover of static routes?

Hmmm, there is something a bit funny here. If i search on 15.0(1)M then Feature Navigator list IP SLA operations. If i search under 15.1T there is no mention of IP SLA for any feature set ie. Base or DATA. Not sure what is going on unless Feature Navigator has not been updated properly.

Jon

And without this feature, there other way to configure the failover between two internet connections and static routes? Without the ip sla feature?

Not if you want to monitor the entire path on each link. I was wondering if performance routing could do it but i haven't really used that.

Jon

Did a bit of digging around and there is something definitely not right. Found this doc -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/ios/ipsla/configuration/guide/sla_roadmap.html

The IOS links at the top of the doc, you can click on any of them and they take to you to the relevant section within the doc except for 15.1T for which there is no section.

Not sure what has happened to IP SLA. Perhaps someone else can help.

If they can't and you can open TAC cases then there is a new feature for the Network Infrastructure Forums where you can open a case from within a discussion. See this link for more details -

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-13613

Jon

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone had a solution for this - I've run into exactly the same problem on an 1841(w/ 3G) running IPBASE 15.1(3)T

Thanks.

aspensystems
Level 1
Level 1

We are facing same problem with 1905 with 15.0(1)M2 for ip sla. Somebody said we need to open a TAC case with cisco.

ashok

The IP Base software does not support ip sla feature.

You need the Security or Data License to use this feature.

--

Gilberto

Thanks, I have already found out the same.

-

ashok

sir,

whether

cisco IOS Software, C1900 Software (C1900-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.0(1)M6, REL

EASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

will support ip sla?

What is your license level? you need the Security license ou data license to use this feature.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco