Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX 8.02(C), shared workstations

Keith Joel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have an implementation coming up for CCX 8.02 Premium hooking into CCM 8.x.  The customer has a shared workstation environment and wants to use CAD along with LDAP synchronization and authentication.  The trouble I'm encountering is the fact that their LDAP structure is such that the userid's are firstname.lastname which is too painful to enter for Extension Mobility each time.  Is there any other way aside from Extension Mobility that will allow their Agents to use CAD and still move around?  If not, do you have any suggestions for the most efficient set up of Extension Mobility in conjunction with CAD and their Active Directory users?  I'd appreciate the input. 

Thanks for your time,

Keith

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The ACD extension can only be associated to one device. So, unless you want to give each agent their own IP Phone to plug in as they move, Extension Mobility it is.

As for other ideas: One option may be to set the LDAP attribute that CUCM uses as the username to the ipPhone field instead of sAMAccountName. At least this would get you to a shorter, numeric username. The only downside is that this same value is used for PC- and Phone-based UIs. There is a service parameter to change the extension mobility username field to be numeric-only input as well.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The ACD extension can only be associated to one device. So, unless you want to give each agent their own IP Phone to plug in as they move, Extension Mobility it is.

As for other ideas: One option may be to set the LDAP attribute that CUCM uses as the username to the ipPhone field instead of sAMAccountName. At least this would get you to a shorter, numeric username. The only downside is that this same value is used for PC- and Phone-based UIs. There is a service parameter to change the extension mobility username field to be numeric-only input as well.

Once again, thank you.  It's unfortunate the CAD can't just take over an extension on the fly as it would make things much simpler for the customer but I will go with the LDAP attribute suggestion and service parameter.  That should help a lot.