Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

internet speed test

Hi

i want to check the internet speed from my network and i went to www.speedtest.net and did the same.the result of the testing lies normally between upload speed : 57mbps and download to be 35mbps..this result is coming if i have 1 Gbps network connection. so is the total speed is combination of upload and download ?..also i have 1 Gbps connection should i get upload speed to be 100mb or more than that. i dont have explanation if some one ask me like this can any one please let me know how the speed it calculated

thanks

Karthik

1 Reply 1

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Contact your internet provider and ask them if they have a site where you can test your internet connection.

If you have purchased a 1Gbps connection to the internet, this speed is only valid to your carrier.

As you traverse hops outside your carrier, the speed will be dictated by the available bandwidth from other carriers.

You must also take into account the internet is a shared medium and the server you may be hitting at that moment may be taxed.

To answer your question, if you purchase a 1Gbps connection, you should be seeing 1Gbps, not 57Mbps but then again, we aren't sure how many hops you were from speakeasy.net and if the server was overloaded.

As I stated, contact your provider. They may have a FTP site for you to test.

Regards,

Edison

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card