Views
Helpful
Replies

Download speed through GRE Tunnel

rmrahman0302
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

One of my customer is having problem on transferring dat over the GRE tunnel. He has GRE tunnel to the other site on 100 MB fibre from the service provider with EIGRP routing protocol. When he is downloading file from one site to other site, he gets 260kbps download speed. I have changed the MTU size to 1400 and adjusted mss to 1320 and increased the bandwidth 25MB on the tunnel interface but no luck on the download speed. Is there any other thing I can do to get more download speed over the tunnel? I will apreciate any help on this.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Yudong Wu
Level 7
Level 7

can you do the packet capture on both sides to see what could be the reason to cause the slowness? If you see a lot retransmission, there might be drop somewhere. By the way, are both sites connected togerther via 100M fiber from service provider?

I will run the trace on both ends and capture the traffic. Both ends are connected on 100 MB fibre from the service provider.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: