cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a UCCX 8 version of MessageOfTheDayScript[1].doc available

d.freedman
Level 1
Level 1

The current version of the document does not take into account the Linux appliance file structure and access permissions.

The version I am trying to create has a "Create XML Document" step followed by a "Get XML Document" step that results in a successful read of the XML file even if the user is NOT authenticated.

The same script has a "Create XML Document" step followed by a "Keyword Transform Step" that results in a read error (access denied), even if the used IS authenticated.

There is something broken in the security check of the user permissions in the "Keyword Transform" step that is not broken in the "GetXML Document" step. That seems to me to be an indication of a bug in the "Keyword Transform" step.

Has anybody used "Keyword Transform" successfully on a file in Documents/en_US?

I've attached the "MessageOfTheDayScript[1].doc" and a snippet from my script for reference.

3 Replies 3

John Powell
Level 1
Level 1

Did you get this working?  In a script I previously modified, I figured out that the script needs "\" and not "/".  So,  I think, for example, the format is:  "fileUploadDir\"+"outageCalls_template.xml"

Not sure if that is what you need.

I do have a question for you, though, about the Script.doc you uploaded.  On pages 16 and 17, there is a difference in the written instructions in steps 10g thru 10i and the screenshot on the following page.  The steps are calling for Upload Prompt step while the screenshot shows Upload Document steps.  I think the Upload Document steps are correct, right? (There are no promptUpload and promptDocument variables that I see at the beginning.  Was there an update to this document?

John,

Thank you for your suggestion.  Don't you find it a little bizarre that on a Linux appliance there would be a requirement to use a "\" between parts of a file name?

I never got the XML Transform step to work; I found a work around.  We have gotten both the Upload Prompt and Upload Document functions to work, but I don't remember any more how carefully we followed the MessageOfTheDayScript.doc (if at all).

As far as I know, there has been no update to the MessageOfTheDayScript.doc.

Hi,

Would you mind sharing how you got the Upload Prompt to work? I'm stuck on gettingt his to work at the moment.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: