cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is Guest User Role on Lobby Ambassador page of WLC

MARK BAKER
Level 4
Level 4

I have a WLC set up with a lobby ambassador account. When creating a guest user using the lobby ambassador account, I see a check box labeled "Guest User Role". When checked there is a drop down box (Empty on my WLC). I did a search in the help pages and all I see about this box is below.

1. If the network admin created a guest user role, check the Guest User Role check box and select a Role from the drop-down list.

I don't see where a guest user role can be configured. Is this something that is used with NAC? Is the drop down populated from roles configured on a NAC appliance?

Any information about this option is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey Mark,

If you check that box you will be able to assing a QoS Policy to that user. I you did not define one you will not see one .

You can define it on Wireless > QoS > Roles.

Hope that helps

regards,

Sebastian

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hey Mark,

If you check that box you will be able to assing a QoS Policy to that user. I you did not define one you will not see one .

You can define it on Wireless > QoS > Roles.

Hope that helps

regards,

Sebastian

Sebastian,

Thanks for the reply. That is it. I configured a QoS role and could see it in the drop down menu. Why it's not called Guest QoS Role is beyond me. Thanks again for your reply. I probably won't use it, but it was really bugging me not knowing what it was for.

Thanks,
Mark

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco