cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is Guest User Role on Lobby Ambassador page of WLC

MARK BAKER
Level 4
Level 4

I have a WLC set up with a lobby ambassador account. When creating a guest user using the lobby ambassador account, I see a check box labeled "Guest User Role". When checked there is a drop down box (Empty on my WLC). I did a search in the help pages and all I see about this box is below.

1. If the network admin created a guest user role, check the Guest User Role check box and select a Role from the drop-down list.

I don't see where a guest user role can be configured. Is this something that is used with NAC? Is the drop down populated from roles configured on a NAC appliance?

Any information about this option is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey Mark,

If you check that box you will be able to assing a QoS Policy to that user. I you did not define one you will not see one .

You can define it on Wireless > QoS > Roles.

Hope that helps

regards,

Sebastian

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hey Mark,

If you check that box you will be able to assing a QoS Policy to that user. I you did not define one you will not see one .

You can define it on Wireless > QoS > Roles.

Hope that helps

regards,

Sebastian

Sebastian,

Thanks for the reply. That is it. I configured a QoS role and could see it in the drop down menu. Why it's not called Guest QoS Role is beyond me. Thanks again for your reply. I probably won't use it, but it was really bugging me not knowing what it was for.

Thanks,
Mark