Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUMA BlackBerry & IPhone

Hello

I have a CUMA 7.1.3 server, when I try Add new phone to user and select service provider in model field not appear the blackberry models and Iphone to select phone.

Any Idea for this.

Attached a picture.

regards.

7 Replies 7

Kenneth Russell
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The models that appear for a given provider are controlled by the checkboxes selected on the "Handset Platform Management -> Provisioning Management" page.

Additionally, the service provider and country selection during the provisioning of CUMC do not affect functionality. Since the iPhone and BlackBerry aren't listed under Mexico/Telcel MX you can enable the iPhone and BlackBerry under Other/Other for Country/Service Provider and then use that for the provisioning.

Hope this helps clarify!

Thanks.

I get to see the BlackBerry models but the Iphone is not aviable to select. an when I Try to login with an Iphone appears this message

"Cisco Mobile Unable to login to Mobility server. Invalid Certificate (1024).

Regards.

If the iPhone isn't shown as an option, you need to make sure the latest CUMC client support .oar has been uploaded to CUMA (contained in the .iso).

Latest one:

http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/ImageList.x?relVer=7.1%287%29&mdfid=281001428&sftType=Unified+Mobile+Communicator+%28CUMC%29+System+Software&optPlat=&nodecount=15&edesignator=null&modelName=Cisco+Unified+Mobile+Communicator&treeMdfId=&mod...

Instructions for adding:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuma/7_1/XML/clients/cuma71_clients_deploying_chapter1.html#task_CUM_8511226105528857953

An ASA with a VeriSign or GeoTrust signed certificate is a requirement for clients to connect to CUMA. If you are getting an invalid certificate message you need to make sure this is configured properly:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuma/CUMA_CUMC_Compatibility_Matrix.html#wp83049

Hi Guys...

I´m working on a project with both MobileCommunicators in Blackberry and iPhone.

For Blackberry, I have everything set up and working fine, but for iPhone, I´m getting the Invalid Certificate(1024) error...

I´ve found on Apple site an application called "iPhone Configuration Utility"... This tool provide you the way to create configuration profiles for your corporate iPhones. This also let you install certificates on iPhone. But I tried to import the certificate created by ASA on it, have tested and still having the same error when trying to connect to CUMA.

My question is:

A signed certificate is REALLY a requirement for this work for iPhone clients or we have another option to install "invalid certificates" on iPhone and get everything working?

Thanks in advance.

Rgds.

Daniel Ferianzzi Andriolo

The only Cisco-supported deployment of Cisco Unified Mobile Communicator for iPhone requires a GeoTrust or VeriSign cerfiticate on the external ASA interface, as the documents describe.

It may be possible that some type of manual certificate installation could be used to get a self-signed certificate functioning. However, I've never heard of anyone successfully doing this.

Thank you Kenneth.

I´ll review my certificates, check my config on ASA and get this working for Symbian clients. This should help me to verify that everything is okay between ASA and CUMA. Then, I´ll try to reinstall the certificate on iPhones...

Thanks again.

If I get this working, I´ll let you know.

Rgds,

Daniel

Sounds like a good plan, Daniel. Please do let us know if you get the iPhone working with a manual certificate install.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: