Views
Helpful
Replies

Delete email will delete VM (VoiceMail) on Cisco Unity Connection 8.0

huntlee
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Netpro Gurus,

One of my customers have recently bought a new Cisco Unity Connection 8.0.  They are currently using Microsoft Outlook (with Microsoft Exchange) and they are currently setup with SMTP Smart Host so whenever they got a new Voicemail on their Cisco IP phone, they will automatically receive a new email with WAV attachment on their Microsoft Outlook.

However, what they found is say when they have 20 x new Voicemail messages, they will have 20 x emails with WAV attachments which is normal.  But when they listen and delete all their email attachments, they still have to go to their Voicemail inbox on their IP Phones by pressing the 'Envelope' button and delete the SAME 20 x Voicemail messages before their MWI will go off.

What my customer wants is there any method when my customer delete all their emails on Outlook, the voicemail on Unity Connection will too be deleted at the SAME TIME, and also the MWI will turn off the SAME TIME??

Cheers,
Hunt

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is not possible in 8.0 since Single Inbox or Unified Messaging is not supported. I suggest talking to your local Cisco SE; I cannot discuss product roadmaps here.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Since you're with IBM you should be able to open a case with us (PDI) and we can give you further details about what you're looking for.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Connecting through IMAP to the user mailbox should work, well I haven't work with Connection 8, but with 7 it works just fine.

Gabriel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: