cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ATA 186/188 series

Syed Akbar Ali
Level 1
Level 1
CCM 5.1  Cisco (ATA) 186 series, have Two phones line 1 & 2. At present we are using only single line . How can be able utilize second phone line on ATA. We are going to connect two analog lines.
With Regards
Syed Akbar Ali
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

The second ATA Line will appear as a separate device not as a second line on the original device.

To use the second port add a phone using the MAC address example shown in Kunal's post then add a directory number to the new device.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

kusatija
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Syed,

If the ATA is sccp configured, then you should be looking at the following options on the http:/// page:

EPID0orSID0    -> Line 1 or Port 1  
and
EPID1orSID1    -> Line 2 or Port 2

SIDx specifies whether to enable the Phone 1 and/or Phone 2 ports on the
Cisco ATA to register with Cisco Call Manager. (EPIDx is not for SCCP.) SIDx
can be one of
the following values:

1.  0- Disables port; port does not attempt to register with Cisco
CallManager

2. 1 enables port; port will attempt to register with Cisco CallManager

If auto registeration is not enabled, then you will add the 2nd port of the ATA, check the following example:
For example, if the MAC address of the Cisco ATA is 00012D01073D,
then SID0 is 00012D01073D and SID1 is 012D01073D01.

So the MAC for the 2nd port would be 012D01073D01, that is the first to values will bw added as 01 in the end of the MAC.

HTH
Kunal

Hi Kunal,

we are using SCCP Parameters

SID0    -> Line 1

and

SID1    -> Line 2

According to your suggestion i did. only one port i can able to use at same time. then I can't able use line 1 . I would like to use line 1 and line 2  with Different Extension line.

with regards

Syed Akbar Ali.

Hi,

The second ATA Line will appear as a separate device not as a second line on the original device.

To use the second port add a phone using the MAC address example shown in Kunal's post then add a directory number to the new device.

Hi

Thanks Kunal's & James for your helpful information.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: