cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS 7.0.8 Offsite Access to Presence Status

muranskycotech
Level 1
Level 1

I thought I had everything working perfectly today on my CUPS 7.0.8 server with CUPC 7.1.1.13850, but it seems I'm still missing one piece... I'm unable to set/retrieve Presence status when I'm not onsite. To clarify:

What works:

Desktop Phone Control

Softphone Control

All Green (Including Presence) on Server Health Status

What doesn't work:

User appears offline

Can't set status

Can't use IM

Can't see others' status

I searched through the forums and saw where it was recommended to go to CUPS > System > Security > Incoming ACL and then create a new entry for All, All so I tried this, but it has had no effect. Is there something I'm missing with that, or is there something else I should be looking at altogether?

I can post a log if it will help.

UPDATE: For a bit of clarification, for my "offsite" connection I am connected to the site by VPN tunnel, so DNS resolution is not an issue, and I do otherwise have access to that VLAN, but kudos if someone can identify any necessary ports I need to open for true outside access for my users for CUPC.

4 Replies 4

muranskycotech
Level 1
Level 1

Here is a log file in case it helps with troubleshooting.

I made a successful call to myself via softphone, a failed IM with the word "test", a forced attempt to set status as Available, and a few minutes of idle while it waited for retried connections. I'm also posting a screenshot of the Server Health Status.

muranskycotech
Level 1
Level 1

Still looking for some assistance on this one... I'm sure it's probably something simple I'm missing, but it's driving me crazy.

muranskycotech
Level 1
Level 1

Am still looking for some help on this if anyone has any experience with this issue.

Thank you in advance!

Found the answer... turns out that I had to disable SIP filtering on my ASA.