cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS 7.0.8 Offsite Access to Presence Status

muranskycotech
Level 1
Level 1

I thought I had everything working perfectly today on my CUPS 7.0.8 server with CUPC 7.1.1.13850, but it seems I'm still missing one piece... I'm unable to set/retrieve Presence status when I'm not onsite. To clarify:

What works:

Desktop Phone Control

Softphone Control

All Green (Including Presence) on Server Health Status

What doesn't work:

User appears offline

Can't set status

Can't use IM

Can't see others' status

I searched through the forums and saw where it was recommended to go to CUPS > System > Security > Incoming ACL and then create a new entry for All, All so I tried this, but it has had no effect. Is there something I'm missing with that, or is there something else I should be looking at altogether?

I can post a log if it will help.

UPDATE: For a bit of clarification, for my "offsite" connection I am connected to the site by VPN tunnel, so DNS resolution is not an issue, and I do otherwise have access to that VLAN, but kudos if someone can identify any necessary ports I need to open for true outside access for my users for CUPC.

4 Replies 4

muranskycotech
Level 1
Level 1

Here is a log file in case it helps with troubleshooting.

I made a successful call to myself via softphone, a failed IM with the word "test", a forced attempt to set status as Available, and a few minutes of idle while it waited for retried connections. I'm also posting a screenshot of the Server Health Status.

muranskycotech
Level 1
Level 1

Still looking for some assistance on this one... I'm sure it's probably something simple I'm missing, but it's driving me crazy.

muranskycotech
Level 1
Level 1

Am still looking for some help on this if anyone has any experience with this issue.

Thank you in advance!

Found the answer... turns out that I had to disable SIP filtering on my ASA.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: