cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hello friends, I wanted to ask what was the file system directory-structure of the CUCM 7.x, 8.x My purpose is to delete files in specific folders to clean the hard disk through the CUCM CLI, but you must know the configuration of the directory to search

Hello friends,
I wanted to ask what was the file system directory-structure of the CUCM 7.x, 8.x
My  purpose is to delete files in specific folders to clean the hard disk  through the CUCM CLI, but you must know the configuration of the  directory to indicate the search path
(Eg: delete file <file spec>, or the path)

Thanks
3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your access to the file system is very limited. What you will be able to see from the administrator CLI is essentially just log file directories. Deleting files from them manually isn't really advisable either.

Anyways, you can see the directories you're allowed to interact with by typing

admin:file list

file list activelog

file list inactivelog

file list install

file list license

file list partBsalog

file list salog

file list tftp

After that you see directories within like this:
admin:file list activelog platform/cli/*
mycapture.cap
dir count = 0, file count = 1
The rest of the file commands work similar to this and are documented in the Command Line Interface Reference Guide for Cisco Unified Communications Solutions Release 8.0(2).

Hello Jonathan,
thanks for the suggestion.
My problem is to know the structure of the sub directory (such as "platform"): in other words platform is located in what way? It is accessible only because there are log files? What are the other folder sibling of "platform"? The directory-type "usr", "dev" "etc" are?

Thanks

Francesco

Correct, you can only access it because it contains log files that would be accessible to you through RTMT. You cannot access any of the POSIX file system such as /etc /dev /opt. This is a consequence of sealed appliance model.