cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LDAP stopped working on Cisco CM 6.1

Jim Schewe
Level 1
Level 1

Up until last night we had the corporate directory working just fine. This morning our corporate directory is missing from all of the phones and I can't seem to find the source of the problem. We have to LDAP servers available and they appear to be working okay. I restarted the data collection service on the Callmanagers but no success yet.

One LDAP server is a 2003 server and the other is a 2008 server.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jim

2 Replies 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

1.  Are the users listed in CUCM under User Management -> End user? If so, are they active or inactive?

2.  Is the Dirsync service still running (you can run 'utils service list' from the publisher CLI to verify)

3.  Are the LDAP servers still reachable from CUCM publisher "utils network ping [ip]" (if you have a FQDN or Hostname specified in the LDAP Agreement use that)

4.  If all else fails run a packet capture from the CUCM Publisher while performing a sync and see what is happening:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-11599

HTH

It sounds to me like it's not a problem with the LDAP Sync (DirSync) but rather the phone service (corporate directory service) itself.  What is your Directories URL set to under Enterprise Parameters?  If you have a hostname instead of IP address did something happen to the DNS server the phones are using, a change possibly so the name cannot be resolved any longer?  Otherwise I would think that it's possibly a connectivity problem to the directories URL from the phone using HTTP which is causing it to not even be displayed on the phone under Missed Calls, Placed Calls, Received Calls.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: