cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect and VPN Client

JonFParis
Level 1
Level 1

I am running AnyConnect to work with one of my customers. Another customer is now asking me to run Cisco VPN Client. When I try to run the VPN client the connection fails with:

15     13:12:28.108  11/04/2010  Sev=Critical/1    CVPND/0x43400012
Unable to bind to IKE port.  This could be because there is another VPN client installed or running.  Please disable or uninstall all VPN Clients other than the Cisco VPN Client.

AnyConnect is not running and I can find no setting in the AnyConnect client to make it unload whatever is causing this. While I don not need to connect to both clients at the same time, constantly uninstalling and reinstalling is just not an option.

How can I deal with this?

OS is Mac OS/X 10.5.8 - AnyConnect is version 2.5 and Cisco VPN Client is version 4.9

3 Replies 3

Hi,

I have not tested with MAC OS but with windows you can have both IPsec client and AnyConnect client installed at the same time. As long as they are not used simultaneously they both work fine.

If you happen to uninstall the AnyConnect just as a test, then the IPsec client connects?

Federico.

The error means that something is still using the UDP Port 500 that the Cisco VPN Client is using. 

Applications that we've run into that use it are "Racoon" and the Mac's built in L2TP over IPSec client. 

They have two options:

1) Find the other application, disable it, and reboot.

2) They can try manually adding the following keyword to their profile:

UseLegacyIKEPort=0

Pradhuman Singh

Also try to enable NAT-T on the VPN server so that it doesn't uses UDP 500

on ASA: #cry isakmp nat-t

Pradhuman Singh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: