Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Incoming call recording CME/CUE

Hello,

Is it possible to record incoming calls by pressing a certain button on the IPPhone to start recording, without using any third party software?

We are using CME 4.1 and CUE 3.1

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Grant

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Grant,

This is one of the restrictions with Live Record. The is from the doc

I linked in the first post;

"Live-recorded messages do not trigger a message notification when delivered to the voice mailbox"

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

You are not supposed to send messages to CUE via IMAP. Only to retrieve them.

I have also tested notification (SMTP), that works fine also.

View solution in original post

19 Replies 19

Thank you Rob!

Going to try it out.

Regards,

Grant

Configured it. Works like a charm, now I just have to configure it in our call flow.

Thanks again!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Grant,

Nice work my friend

Glad to be of some small help here.

Cheers!

Rob

Hello,

The live recording works fine, but I have 1 small problem, which I can't figure out why it's happening. When I create a conference with the CUE the call is being recorded and put in the mailbox. But I also configured the extension which has the mailbox to forward all incoming voicemail messages to an email address, but this does not happen.

When I leave a normal voicemail message to that same extension(without conference call with CUE) the voicemail message is being forwarded to my email address.

Is it possible to have recorded calls to be forwarded to an email address?

Thanks,

Grant

Hi Grant,

This is one of the restrictions with Live Record. The is from the doc

I linked in the first post;

"Live-recorded messages do not trigger a message notification when delivered to the voice mailbox"

Cheers!

Rob

Ahhh, okay. Thank you.

So the only way to get those messages to an external device is by using third party software? Or does Cisco have some more tricks up it's sleeve?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Grant,

Have you tried Forwarding these "Live Record" messages? When they are Forwarded

they may become like a new message that does trigger an email notification

Cheers!

Rob

Sorry for my late reply, but what do you mean by forwarding the messages? How/Where do I configure this?

I also thought of something, but I dont know if it's possible. We have a NME-CUE module. Is there a way to retrieve certain voicemail messages manually from the harddrive of this device, through ftp or any other protocol?

Regards,

Grant

Yes, you can retrieve them using IMAP, or you can configure "notification" so they are via SMTP to the recipient as soon they are recevied.

Thank you. I already tried the 'notification' method, but that doesn't work, since it's not possible. Or is that something different from what I've tried?

I enabled/configured the IMAP Service on CUE, but when I add/configure a new account in Outlook 2007 (Using IMAP) the 'test account settings' button gives back the following response:

Log onto incoming mail server(IMAP) Completed

Send test e-mail message Failed

Send test e-mail message:   The server responded: 553 5.4.4 Unab (Gets cut of here)

What kind of e-mail addres does the CUE expect? And where do I configure this?

You are not supposed to send messages to CUE via IMAP. Only to retrieve them.

I have also tested notification (SMTP), that works fine also.

Hmm. How did you get that to work? Rob pointed out "Live-recorded messages do not trigger a message notification when delivered to the voice mailbox". So I don't understand how you managed to get that to work.

I missed that point, that may be very well be the case.

I was referring to email notification for regualar messages.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: