tmiiluvaa
Level 1
Level 1

A quote from the Cisco Bug Toolkit:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

CSCtg31161 Bug Details
ER: ACE-Appl - Add ability probe a redirect rserver
Symptom:

This is to add a feature so that a probe can be associated to a redirect rserver or redirect serverfarm. This would be used to verify that the destination of the redirect URL is alive prior to sending a redirect to that destination.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know this feature is operational on the ACE Module, but the ACE 4710 Appliance lacks this feature in the A3(2.6) release.

I was told that Cisco was planning to add this feature to the ACE 4710 by the end of this year. I just noticed that a new software version A4(1.0) has recently been released for the ACE 4710, but the release notes do not mention this redirect probe feature.

Can anyone tell me if this feature is present in the A4(1.0) release?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kitanaka
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

As you mentioned, the feature was integrated in CSCtg31161 on module.

There are other bug-ids regarding the same feature for appliance CSCsq87212 and for A4 relase CSCtg31164.

Looking at those bugs, CSCtg31164 was moved to "Fixed (verified)" state recently.  No update on CSCsq87212 since last Sep.

It seems that the feature would be integrated in A4(1.1) via CSCtg31164 for appliance

since A4 release can be run on both module and appliance. However, I'm not sure about release date of A4(1.1).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Kimihito.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

kitanaka
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

As you mentioned, the feature was integrated in CSCtg31161 on module.

There are other bug-ids regarding the same feature for appliance CSCsq87212 and for A4 relase CSCtg31164.

Looking at those bugs, CSCtg31164 was moved to "Fixed (verified)" state recently.  No update on CSCsq87212 since last Sep.

It seems that the feature would be integrated in A4(1.1) via CSCtg31164 for appliance

since A4 release can be run on both module and appliance. However, I'm not sure about release date of A4(1.1).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Kimihito.

Thank you, your answer was most helpful.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: