cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC Call Handler Automatic Transfer

robloeber
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to wrap my brain around how this would work.  I have a need for a call handler that will automatically forward a call to an operator if they dont push any buttons.  Seems like I could use "Route from next call routing rule" under greetings > After Greeting > Call Action but I havent used it before and not sure of its behavior.  Any suggestions on how I can accomplish this?

Platform is Unity Connection 8.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The way I do it is using the After Greeting actions on the Greetings page of the Call Handler. I set it to Attempt Transfer to a different Call Handler that has a transfer action configured to send the call to an extension.

That is certainly a valid approach (+5 Jonathan). Another approach is to attempt a transfer to a voicemail user. As with Jonathan's tip, you would do this in the "After Greeting" actions section and leverage the "User with mailbox" transfer settings.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

robloeber
Level 1
Level 1

Guys, thanks very much!  Both solutions make perfect sense.  I did think about forwarding to another call handler but thought I was turning something simple into something that was overly complex.  +5 to both!

Have a good one!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: