Views
Helpful
Replies

3560E-12D and X2 Ports

jonathanaxford
Level 3
Level 3

Hi experts,

I am looking at the Cisco 3560E-12D switches for some fibre aggregation. The 3560E-12D comes with 12 X2 10GigE ports. My quesiton is this - If i purchase 12 of the Cisco TwinGig adapters (That turn the 10Gig ports into SFP Ports) can I run 24 x 1 Gig SFP ports on the switch?

I have researched this, and can't find any reason why not, I am just looking for any experience with the devices and whether this is a viable option. I need to aggregate about 18 1Gig fibre connections and these devices look like they would do the trick.

If there are any other alternatives that others would recommend I would be interested in hearing those too!

Many thanks

Jonathan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The 3560E-12D comes with 12 X2 10GigE ports. My quesiton is this - If i purchase 12 of the Cisco TwinGig adapters (That turn the 10Gig ports into SFP Ports) can I run 24 x 1 Gig SFP ports on the switch?

Yes.

If there are any other alternatives that others would recommend I would be interested in hearing those too!

2 x WS-C3750G-12S

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The 3560E-12D comes with 12 X2 10GigE ports. My quesiton is this - If i purchase 12 of the Cisco TwinGig adapters (That turn the 10Gig ports into SFP Ports) can I run 24 x 1 Gig SFP ports on the switch?

Yes.

2 x WS-C3750G-12S

Many thanks for your response.

Cheers

Jonathan

Thank you for the rating.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card