Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

syslog server

Canyany one help me to configure syslog server.  I was enable on router and switches as logging < syslog server IP Address>  afer that which tool i can used and how i can fetch that log from that tool.

regards,

1 Reply 1

Atif Awan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

mrsystemengineer wrote:

Canyany one help me to configure syslog server.  I was enable on router and switches as logging < syslog server IP Address>  afer that which tool i can used and how i can fetch that log from that tool.

regards,

There are many tools out there, some free and some licensed. For windows you can try out the Kiwi syslog server (http://www.kiwisyslog.com/kiwi-syslog-server-overview/) for starters. You can use the GUI to view the syslogs sent from the devices on the Kiwi syslog server provided you have your syslog configuration setup properly and IP reachability between the routers/switches and the syslog server. Also ensure that if there are any firewalls in the path they allow syslog communication to go through.

Over time you will need to tune your syslog configuration on your end nodes so that your syslog server is not inundated with syslog data (set syslog levels appropriately).

Atif