cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Licenses Restore in CUCM

gomathishanker
Level 1
Level 1

Does Licenses get backedup when you take backup of the call manager.?

I am going to replace my harddisk in the MCS 7835 which is currently running call manager 7.0(1) and going to rebuild that using bigger size hardisk. So i am planning to take backup of my CUCM and restore it after i build it in new hard disk. When doing the restore will the licenses be restored? If not what is the other way. I dont have the copy of licenses with me. Can i go and copy the license file (in the license file upload option--view file section of CUCM)in the notepad and save it with the same name and upload it after i build the CUCM in the new disk. Will the license work that way?

2 Replies 2

cnuche
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When you rebuild a server you need to upload the licenses then restore the DRS backup file, so no, the lic files are not part of the backup file, you need to have those handy.

If this helps please rate.

Christian Nuche

PDI HD Team.

Hi all,

Just want to confirm if licenses are backed up when doing a DRS restore, found this post, but also found the following one which seems to indicate they are backed up:  https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/1157049#1157049

Thanks in advance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: