cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco 2901

ekrpin1961
Level 1
Level 1

hallo i have a old cisco 1700 and a new cisco 2901.  I have copied the configuration from old to new but when i ping any IP remote i don't have response from it. the front-end to 2901 are two cisco 3600 with hsrp by provider external

why i dont response from ping ??

thank

2 Replies 2

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

Simply copy pasting the config wont help here since you are doing the same with 2 different platforms. You need to identify the ports available in the new router (2901) and make sure you configure them accordingly with respect to your current 1700 configuration.

The port numberings may be different on both the platforms hence you need to spend some identifying the correct ports for usage within the new device (2901).

regds

ok, i have configured the correct port.  I use 2901 to routing/natting from an internal LAN (gigabite0/0 to connect my switch 3Com) to another LAN (gigabite0/1 connect to front-end)

From the router 2901 i ping correct to IP front-end 3600, when i ping from pc-client to IP front-end i don't have a response (ping from pc-client to g0/1 have response)

thank

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card