cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RightFax Outlook Button

fasteddye
Level 1
Level 1

We an issue with a few workstations where the RightFax Outlook button does not appear on the Outlook Toolbar.  I have tried to uninstall and reinstall with no luck.  I have made sure the toolbar is visible and checked the customization of the toolbar but unable to get the RightFax Button to appear.

Thanks in advance.

8 Replies 8

cderrington
Level 1
Level 1

What is the version of MS Office running on the machines that do not show the Fax icon for RightFax?  Also, what version for RightFax are you running?

Chad

I believe they are Office 2007. We only have a handful or so that this is happening.

We are on rightfax 9.4

-Ed

Trouble shooting Client connection issues are tough to do without having access to the client systems.

You may need to check and make sure the RightFax Client Extensions are loaded and enabled in Outlook 2007

The process is as follows:

Tools > Trust Center > Add-Ins

If these settings are not enabled, enable them, then close and re launch Outlook.

I understand troubleshooting workstation issues without having access.

I went to a machine that has the Fax Button in Outlook and looked at the Tools > Trust Center > Add-Ins and did not see anything related to RightFax.

Where do the advanced fax extensions get installed? Could it have anything to do with a workstation having an older version of Office and then was upgraded to Office 2007?

Thanks for your help.

There looks to be more to it than just a missing Fax Button on the toolbar.

From within Outlook, if you click Actions > New Fax, the following error comes up.

"An error has occurred while the following action was performed.  Create an Instance to the Form Helper Module."

Error: 0X80040154

Description: Class Not Registered

I was able to get the Fax Button on the toolbar by adding the following registry entry.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange\Client\Extensions]
"Captaris RightFax Client Extension"="4.0;C:\\Program Files\\RightFax\\Shared Files\\RFxMSx32.dll;1;01000111101100;1101010"
"Outlook Setup Extension"="4.0;Outxxx.dll;7;000000000000000;0000000000;OutXXX"
"FaxExtension"="4.0;C:\\Windows\\System32\\fxsext32.dll;1;00000100000000"

The above error also comes up when you click the fax button.

There are some issues with the Forms processing.  I would have to do remote support to assist further.  If you have an Open Text or partner support contract, I would recommend calling in on these issues.

Chad

I thought the same thing. I have opened a TAC.

I will post what I find out.

Thanks so much.

msugdinis
Level 1
Level 1

Tools > Trust Center > Add-Ins > go to Manage at bottom left corner, from drop down select Disabled items, select GO, chances are you will find the Captaris RigthFax Client Extension, selct it and select ENABLE, restart OUTLOOK

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: