Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

WVC210 - contact but no picture

Unanswered Question
Nov 16th, 2010
User Badges:

I have installed 2 WVC210 cams which I can access both locally and remotely over Internet. But they both stops streaming pictures allmost every day, and there are no picture in the software viewer. To solve this I have to restart the cams, then comes the picture again. The surveillance software also looses connection with the cameras when this happens, but there are no problem with internet connection to the cameras.

Both cameras are new; because of mechanical fault in the pan/tilt I got 2 new cameras from the dealer.

The firmware is 1.1.1.15.

Anyone had this problem?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
David Carr Fri, 11/19/2010 - 08:53
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Try upgrading to the 2.0.2.1 firmware and test it.  Chances are the firmware will resolve your issues.

mpyhala Tue, 11/23/2010 - 15:37
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

Are the cameras connected to the router wirelessly? Did you see the same issue with the old cameras that were replaced?

sondretasken Wed, 11/24/2010 - 01:04
User Badges:

yes, we use wireless connection. And the "old" cameras did not last long enough to show any problems. But two WVC200 before that worked perfectly for app 2 years before they broke down and were replaced by WVC210.

mpyhala Wed, 11/24/2010 - 10:05
User Badges:

Sounds like either the wireless is losing the connection or there is not enough internet bandwidth and the cameras stop sending traffic. For internet bandwidth issues, try lowering the resolution, framerate, and possibly quality of the video to see if the issue is resolved. For wireless, there are a few things to try: If possible, connect one or both cameras to the router via ethernet cable and see if the issue is resolved. If it is, you will need to troubleshoot the wireless connection. Try eliminating security on the wireless connection or testing with a different security type. Also, make sure your router is not using a channel that is widely used in your area, which can cause interference. Please keep us updated.

mpyhala Mon, 11/29/2010 - 12:40
User Badges:

Have you tested the wireless connection?

sondretasken Wed, 12/01/2010 - 10:40
User Badges:

yes, the problem is there also with cable connection. Have tried to lower the fps value now.

mpyhala Wed, 12/01/2010 - 11:38
User Badges:

Are you using MPEG4 or MJPEG? Have you tested both?

mpyhala Mon, 12/06/2010 - 23:28
User Badges:

The WVC210 is capable of streaming MPEG4 & MJPEG video:

sondretasken Tue, 12/14/2010 - 11:22
User Badges:

I did not remember that, but after changing one of the cams to MJPEG, there was no changes in the behavior.

I have tried to change all possible parameters, and it seems that new cameras will be the only solution. I have also installed an old WVC200 as a reference, which works perfectly.

mpyhala Tue, 12/14/2010 - 12:19
User Badges:

Ovind,

Before you replace the cameras you might want to update the firmware in your router, set it to factory defaults and reconfigure it. If possible, try a different router. It is very unusual to have the issues you are seeing with the WVC210. Normally there is something else happening on the network that causes the cameras to disconnect. I have seen WVC210 cameras stay continuously connected wirelessly for nearly a year to a WRV210 router without issues. I did see problems staying connected to a different brand of router that seemed to work fine otherwise.

sondretasken Tue, 12/28/2010 - 06:59
User Badges:

thanks again. i will try to switch back to an older router. I now use a Linksys WRT54GL, which should be a stable router. I use 2 of them. I have tried all of your suggestions without luck. Also tried different settings on both cameras, but they still stops showing pictures/streaming. And it COULD be a router issue, as the problem often occur simultaneously on the cams. But sometimes it is only one of them, which should indicate another cause.

mpyhala Mon, 01/03/2011 - 14:46
User Badges:

Ovind,

Have you tried the cameras with a different router? If so, have the results been better?

sondretasken Tue, 01/04/2011 - 12:11
User Badges:

Hello,

I have changed to another router, unforetunately with no improvement.

mpyhala Tue, 01/04/2011 - 12:27
User Badges:

Have you tried changing the http ports of the cameras? I have seen a few times where using two cameras with ports 1024 and 1025 had connection issues.

sondretasken Tue, 01/11/2011 - 13:31
User Badges:

Hello again,

the cameras is working on port 1024 and 65000, and both are having trouble.

Change of router did not give any improvement.

Actions

This Discussion