cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 New Install - CM/Topo Services - Devices not connected

Bill Lingle
Level 1
Level 1

Devices look normal in RME but sho up as "Not Connected" and end up in the Tolology "Unconnected Device View".  We do have a separate management vlan.  So some thinking related to CDP.  CDP is running on the devices, so could use some ideas on this one.

Much Appreciated.

-John

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If CDP is running, it could be Campus cannot properly poll the CDP neighbor tables via SNMP.  Post SNMP Walks of the cdpCacheTable and ifTable from two devices that should be directly connected.

If those look okay, you may be seeing a bug in which Campus Data Collection does not complete properly.  If that is the case, you will be able to use the "Open Service Request" in the Actions box of this thread to open a TAC SR and request the patch.

We now have a case with TAC.  Took a while, finallly they gave me some patches.  They did not help.  The devices still are disconnected.  On Monday the product team is going to take a peek at my system.   Will let you know what.   Last week I attended class and 4.0 is going to be out soon.

I found your SR, and I believe I see your problem.  Your SNMP view is too restrictive.  You're blocking the CDP cache table amongst many others.  Instead of using your custom view, use the built-in view "v1default".  That is, replace your current config with:

snmp-server group GROUP v3 auth read v1default

This assumes you've configured LMS to use SNMPv3 for your devices.  If you're using v1/v2c, then that configuration appears to be okay.

As for LMS 4.0, it's already out.  You can download a 90-day evaluation from http://www.cisco.com/go/nmsevals.  Click on the Network Management software link.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: